Transfer tax (Overdrachtsbelasting)
– 2% of the purchase price for a house
Pre-sale agreement (Koopovereenkomst)
– The real estate broker of the seller will create this pre-sale agreement without any charge for the buyer.
– In the Amsterdam market, the notary will make this agreement and will charge the buyer. This is negotiable.
Transfer contract (Akte van levering)
– This is the formal contract which the notary will make. The average rate is about € 600 including VAT.
– Negotiable, you can compare these rates.
Mortgage arranging cost (advieskosten)
– Rates start at € 1.500 till € 4.000.
– In most cases, there is no VAT to pay.
Mortgage contract (Hypotheekakte)
– The notary is obliged to handle this contract. The average rate is also € 600 including VAT.
– Tax deductible.
– The costs of an interpreter start at € 200 including VAT.
Estate agent fee (Makelaarscourtage)
– 1,75% (plus BTW) of the purchase price.
– The seller pays the estate agent. If you use an estate agent/realtor to help you buy a house (aankoopmakelaar) rates start at € 1.750.
– Prices start at € 300 including VAT.
– In case you have a mortgage with NHG you need a so-called NWWI validation it will cost additional €75.
– Tax-deductible and negotiable.
Architectural examination / home inspection (bouwkundig keuringsrapport)
– Prices start at € 420 including VAT.
– This document is not obliged but gives you information about the technical state of the house you want to buy.
Deemed rental value (Eigenwoningforfait)
– 0,7% of the WOZ value (determined by the government)
– Mortgage interest payments are tax deductible as long as the property/house is to be used as the main residence for a maximum of 30 years.
– Tax deductions automatically disappear if you decide to leave the country but continue to own the property. As a non-resident taxpayer, you will not enjoy tax-deductible mortgage interest payments so make sure the rent you receive covers both costs and interest.
– Increases in the value of the house are tax-free as long as it is used as the main residence (no capital gains tax).
– The 30% ruling may raise your chances of getting an appealing mortgage deal.
More information about our services? For example we can help you take out a mortgage. Advice by independent mortgage advisors.